Tactical Tech is a Berlin based international NGO which strives to create a world where digital technologies can contribute to a more equitable, democratic and sustainable society.
We are looking for a Communication Coordinator with a passion for writing, ability to structure and build communications plans and strategies for outreach as well as a willingness to learn and grow as a communications specialist.
In this role you will be responsible for the overall coordination of external communications for Tactical Tech including press activities, social media and general outreach. You will need creative and editing skills to research, write and edit a wide range of communications content for various audiences on different platforms and channels, working across teams to deliver high quality work within the wider strategy of the organisation.
- research and organise Tactical Tech’s newsletter “In the Loop” and be responsible for the regular updates of the Tactical Tech website, including writing and editing web texts;
- work alongside the products team in ensuring the website and its content are always accessible and up to date;
- set up high quality, efficient processes and maintain all communications-related documentation and monitoring of media presence;
- follow Tactical Tech’s Communications Strategy with a specific emphasis on outreach and audience engagement;
- reach out to the press to promote Tactical Tech’s work, manage press contacts, maintain press databases and coordinate interview requests;
- support maintenance and growth of the Tactical Tech archive;
- support the Executive Team with writing and producing annual reports and board reports as well as with funder communications;
- implement our social media srategy to support the promotion of events and projects and communications-related grant deliverables;
- provide ongoing strategic communication support to projects and assist them with planning and product launches, based on the communications strategy;
- provide internal skill shares on writing, communications and documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- graduate with advanced degree in Communications, Media, Social Sciences, or other related area;
- excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills for a variety of audiences;
- Excellent native level written English, other languages an asset;
- 1+ years of experience developing and implementing strategic communications plans, including writing press releases and other publicity materials, in a comparable organisation, preferably in a medium sized international NGO;
- excellent skills in using office software, content management and basic skills using design software such as Adobe Suite, experience of working with web development projects and using social media for communications;
- excellent organising skills, great attention to detail, comfortable with iterative processes and working in a dynamic environment;
- hands-on and can-do approach;
- ability to work independently and across teams, with limited supervision and to pro-actively seek information and solutions;
- good planning and problem solving ability;
- great communicator, with a sense of humour;
- ability to work under time pressure and with short deadlines;
- knowledge and experience in writing about issues related to privacy and security in a human rights context is desirable;
- contacts and knowledge of international media landscape is a definite asset;
- demonstrable commitment to Tactical Tech’s mission and values including an understanding of the geopolitical contexts in which Tactical Tech’s work is carried out;
- sensitivity to political situations and different views of the world as well as communicating in different cultural and social contexts.
This is an entry-level position. The salary is based upon our internal salary scales, and is competitive for a Berlin-based non profit. The position may require some international travel. This is a one-year position which is tied to a current grant, with a three month probation period. We hope to extend this position depending on available funds and performance. This post will be based in Berlin, Germany and you must be legally entitled to work in Germany before applying.
The working language of the organisation and this post is English.
Please apply via email to JOBS@TACTICALTECH.ORG, subject line “Communication Coordinator” with your CV and a covering letter in PDF format outlining your suitability for the post, your expected salary and your availability by 15 September 2019.
Please also provide contacts for two referees from previous jobs, preferably in HR or from supervisors where you have held a similar role.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to respond to individual phone and email inquiries.
Available at https://tacticaltech.org/#/comms-coordinator
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!