Application Closing Date – 23 Jul 2019
Job Start Date – As soon as possible
Duration – 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location – Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: The Communications Coordinator develops communications plans and products to support and better communicate TI’s mission, programmes, projects, products and advocacy positions. The Communications Coordinator targets a series of external audiences and stakeholders, including the media, and creates and refines tools and products to convey Transparency International’s messaging and position.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: limited for 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin/Germany
- Draft communications plans to support TI programmes and advocacy/policy positions and products
- Draft and research communications products such as press releases, opinion pieces, speaking points and web features
- Coordinate communications support to programmes/issues (including TI’s work with investigative journalists and the Rapid Response Unit), teams, in collaboration with various TI-S and Chapter staff
- Assess, identify and act upon communications opportunities, especially in the press and with major stakeholders, to increase visibility, support fundraising, enhance the TI brand and support chapters’ communications work nationally and internationally
- Create web features, blog posts and work with online communications colleagues to increase traffic to the TI web site and maintain its relevance to the TI Movement and global fight against corruption
- Draft speeches, forewords, articles, letters, opinion pieces and other material for TI senior management
- Work with Chapters to support the development of TI-S wide capacity in communications
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree in communications, political science, literature, journalism, international affairs and/or other relevant fields
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in communications in an international or media organisation
- Demonstrated experience in media relations and training desired
- Knowledge and experience of developing communications campaigns engaging people
- Knowledge of, or considerable interest, in corruption, governance and development issues and international affairs
- Excellent communication skills in English (to native speaker standard) required; additional languages (in particular Spanish and/or French) an asset
- Excellent writing and editing skills essential
- Advanced ability to communicate using social media, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram; integrate social media into communications planning
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as as part of a team
- High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the source of the application) and CV in English (in one pdf file) to:
Deadline for applications is Tuesday, 23 July 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!