Application Closing Date – 15 Oct 2019
Job Start Date – As soon as possible
Duration – 1 year (parental leave cover)
Location – Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
TI is the Secretariat to the International Anti-Corruption Conference (IACC). Held usually every two years in a different part of the world, the Conference is the world’s most important event for all who are committed to the fight against corruption. Gathering more than 1.5 thousand participants from more than 140 countries, the conference is a vibrant and proactive platform for innovation and change. Now in its 19th edition, the next IACC will take place in Seoul, Korea from 2-5 June 2020. The IACC is also home to a number of Game Changing Initiatives involving filmmakers, journalists, social entrepreneurs and musicians – all of whom are committed to fight for social justice.
Main function: The IACC Series Coordinator supports the IACC Series Director in the design and implementation of the IACC Series agendas, its overall communication, financial tracking, financial and narrative reporting, and its follow-up strategy including reporting and evaluation. In close collaboration with the IACC Series Director, the IACC Series Coordinator is responsible for the project management of key IACC global initiatives such as Journalists for Transparency, Youth Action and follow-up impact reporting on the IACC Social Entrepreneurs. The IACC Series Coordinator supports the IACC Series Director in donor relations such as reporting and proposal writing.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 1 year (parental leave cover)
Location: TI-Secretariat, Berlin/Germany – with international travel
- Support the preparation, design, and administration and follow up of the IACC Series agendas and the IACC Series Initiatives
- Coordinate supporting information and content generation for IACC communications including updating of websites, social media posts and preparation of newsletter, marketing and print publication information
- Coordinate the budget monitoring of the IACC series, deliver internal reporting material, deliver donor financial and narrative IACC initiatives reporting in close collaboration with the IACC Series Director
- Work with the IACC Programme Committee, the conference hosts, external conference organisers, TI-S support staff and National Chapter staff and stakeholders to ensure delivery of a high-quality conference with a cutting-edge programme and user-friendly support and effective logistics
- Coordinate and track the Participation Fund of the IACC series
- Donor reporting and project management related to the IACC Series and its’ global initiatives such as ‘Journalists for Transparency’, Youth Action and other related IACC Series initiative activities as needed
- Coordinate international outreach of the IACC Series and continuous engagement to specific target groups such as the IACC workshop constituents, the IACC Social Entrepreneurs progress reporting and Fair Play Anti-Corruption Music Initiative activities
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree or professional qualification in business administration, management, social sciences, public administration, economics, communications, journalism or other relevant fields
- 5+ years of relevant experience with an International NGO, International Organisation or Multinational Organisation with demonstrated expertise in project management, communications, public relations and event management
- Experience in fundraising including proposal writing and narrative donor reporting
- Knowledge of financial management and monitoring, evaluation and learning including impact tracking
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken); proficiency in other languages an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to deal effectively with multiple competing demands and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and independently with minimum supervision
- Willingness to travel
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the source of the application) and CV in English to:
Deadline for applications is 15 October 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!