Application Closing Date – 23 Jun 2019
Job Start Date – As soon as possible
Duration – 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location – Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager – Membership Accreditation leads the development and implementation of an accountable and impact-driven membership accreditation system.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 2 years, with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin/Germany
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve accountability and monitoring systems and approaches for the area of membership accreditation, and quality control and lead the analysis, synthesis and packaging of data as an input to strategic decision making on the membership accreditation process
- Oversee the membership accreditation process and coordinate evaluations/ audits/ reviews to ensure its coherence, efficiency and effectiveness
- Lead the work on impact assessments in the context of membership accreditation, and on learning on what works and what does not work in relation to the membership accreditation process
- Oversee membership accreditation related support to TI-staff and to the Movement on the design and effective use of accountability frameworks to ensure their coherence with TI’s overall strategic approaches, and their use as a resource for organisational learning
- Provide input into annual and strategic planning, review and reporting processes at TI-S and oversee data collection, analysis and annual organisational/quarterly reporting on performance, outcomes and impact as relating to the membership accreditation process
- Provide guidance to a small team of colleagues working in the area of membership accreditation
- Undertake administrative tasks related to the day-to-day operational running of the work as required
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field (e.g. evaluation, knowledge management, organisational development, social sciences, international relations, international development, or similar)
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, of which at least 3+ years in the field of MEL or related
- Expertise in knowledge management, project management and capacity building
- Sound understanding of civil society and organisational development
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends and developments with respect to monitoring and evaluation, accreditation systems or related
- Knowledge of, or considerable interest in, the work of TI and the field of anti-corruption
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and competing demands
- Highly developed team work and intercultural communication skills
- Fluency in English required; additional languages, in particular French, Spanish and/or Arabic, an advantage
- Willingness to travel
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the source of the application) and CV in English (in one pdf-file) to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 23 June 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications it is unfortunately not possible to provide individualized feedback.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!