Application Closing Date – 18 Jan 2019
Job Start Date – As soon as possible
Duration – Until March 2020
Location – Berlin, Germany
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 Chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Work hours: Full time (40 hours per week)
Duration: Until March 2020
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin/Germany
Team: Strategy & Impact
Reporting lines: Head of Strategy & Impact
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our Strategy & Impact team as the project coordinator for the Americas, under the IMPACT grant funded by Global Affairs Canada.
The IMPACT grant focuses on increasing the integrity, transparency and accountability of public sector institutions and the private sector, while empowering civil society to advocate for changes in policy and practice. Eight out of the 12 National Chapters that benefit from this grant are in the Americas: Argentina, Columbia, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Venezuela.
The IMPACT team is currently staffed by a full-time core global team that has the overall responsibility for the grant, by a full-time ALAC [Advocacy and Legal Advice Centers] coordinator, and is soon to be joined by a full-time research coordinator. Other TI-S and chapter staff also contribute to diverse deliverables of the grant. The Programme Coordinator for the Americas will be responsible for ensuring the smooth implementation of the IMPACT grant in the region. Until the end of the grant, this will include (but not only):
- The coordination and completion of some research sub-projects
- The organisation of a regional gender and corruption workshop and of a similar event at the UN WOMEN High Level Political Forum
- The organisation of regional meetings in the Americas, and support the planning in the region’s national chapters
- The coordination of the implementation of the Global Corruption Barometer in Latin America and the Caribbean
- The organisation and coordination of the Americas’ small grants on political financing and political integrity
- Ensure that the systems and processes are in place and are constantly refined to ensure the efficient and effective management of the project in the Americas, and in line with the core team’s guidelines
- Ensure that all donor contractual obligations (financial management, fund transfer requests, procurement regulations, financial and narrative reporting, etc.) for the project in the Americas are met in a professional, transparent and timely manner, and in line with the core team’s guidelines
- Responsible for monitoring the project cycle in the Americas, including the delivery of the expected outputs and outcomes, and in line with the core team’s guidelines
- Coordinate the project’s stakeholders in the Americas in the timely delivery of narrative and financial reports, as well as other accountability-related documents and deliverables, and in line with the core team’s guidelines
- Work in close collaboration and ensure ongoing communication with project partners on all aspects of their work; maintain regular communication with the donor on financial and project management at TI-S as well as project implementation at partner level
- Produce narrative reports on the project in the Americas, and budget updates as requested
- Ensure the project team’s accountability towards line management and donor
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- At least five to seven years of continuous project management experience, preferably in highly complex projects
- A recognised project management certification is highly valued and a clear advantage
- Highly proficient in project management applications a clear advantage
- Proficiency in Excel (possibility of being tested at interview stage)
- Highly developed numeracy skills
- IT proficiency
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in Spanish equivalent to a native level a must (to be tested at interview stage)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment; highly developed teamwork and intercultural communication skills; deep and unwavering commitment to diversity
- Flexibility and readiness to be thrown off routine with last minute asks, and ability to prioritise as second nature; ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach
- Ability to work independently, without detailed guidance, whilst ensuring open, regular, and pro-active reporting and accountability to peers and line manager
- Full alignment with and commitment to TI’s mission – that of a world without corruption
Other information about the post and the location:
This position is based in Berlin, in Transparency International Secretariat (TI-S). There is no possibility of remote working, or working from home outside Germany. Candidates are therefore strongly advised to consider whether they are able to relocate prior to applying.
Qualified candidates should submit the following documents/information in English and via email (in one pdf-file) to ProgrammeCoordinatorIMPACTJob@transparency.org:
- A cover letter supporting their application as having the necessary experience and competencies to perform the required responsibilities (as per above) (mentioning the source of the application)
- The Curriculum Vitae
- The names of two references with first-hand knowledge of the candidate’s professional experience and expertise
Deadline for applications is 18 January 2019.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback on applications.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
The international fight against corruption needs your expertise, your skills and experience, and your passion for social justice.
From our secretariat in Berlin and in more than 100 national chapters, Transparency International seeks professionals and volunteers with exceptional talent and commitment to join our efforts and make a contribution to a better world.
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!