Powered by big dreams and small egos, Trilogy is reimagining how skills-based learning can change the face of education. We work with experienced instructors, innovative employers, and top universities to create boot camps that prepare highly-motivated students for high-growth careers.
We put students first
We never stop improving
We bring a „can do“ attitude
We succeed only as a team
We are seeking…
A highly driven and passionate full-time Career Director to build the Trilogy Career Services model for the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT Berlin) bootcamps starting July 9, 2019. The Career Director helps graduates of our programs secure the jobs they are seeking.
Trilogy Education Services has partnered with ESMT Berlin to help companies bridge the digital skills gap. The Trilogy Career Services team is looking for an experienced Career Director to establish and adapt Trilogy’s Career Services model for success in the Berlin market.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all job-seeking graduates are Employer Ready by delivering workshops and providing 1:1 coaching.
- You will be responsible for partnering with the Director of Strategic Partnership to prospect and recruit companies, with long-term technology hiring needs, into our network, and then manage, grow, and retain these pipeline partnership companies. through strong relationship-building and ongoing client engagement strategies.
- In partnership with an Outreach Manager, you will coordinate opportunities for industry professionals to interact with our students through online events and a quarterly Demo Day.
- You will work with students to help them develop the skills and mindset needed for a successful job search, including effective job search skills, networking activities, behavioral interview skills, and offer negotiation.
- You will serve as the formal liaison between the ESMT Berlin and the Career Services team.
Reports directly into a Regional Career Director
High-level view of who you are:
- Your innate ability to connect with people energizes you to push forward.
- You are deeply committed to helping people change their lives through education
- You are passionate about making the world a better place through skills-based education.
- You are excited to engage with students and provide to them daily coaching, support, and encouragement throughout the job search process.
- You are skilled at identifying areas in which students excel and need to improve, and can deliver that feedback in ways that feel supportive to students and ignites them to take action.
- You can build rapport quickly over the phone; students feel comfortable opening up to you and respect and listen to your recommendations.
- You have an entrepreneurial instinct, and look at a relationship with an employer as “your business” to grow.
- You are a careful listener and can translate the needs of hiring managers at companies to opportunities for partnership with Trilogy.
- You are highly organized and able to deliver impactful events involving students and employers.
- You have been in the tech space previously, and can “speak” engineering both to tech recruiters and hiring managers.
As a Career Director, you will achieve the following results:
Support all graduates, who engage with Career Services, to help them become employed within 6 months of graduation
- Build positive and trusting relationships with students through phone, email and instant message channels
- Identify areas of improvement, and provide clear and actionable feedback to students where they can improve their portfolio, resume, LinkedIn profile and pitch to employers
- Motivate and support students as they engage in sourcing potential jobs, interviewing and negotiating salaries
- Explore and test new ways of creating and maintaining a high tempo of applications and engagement for each of your assigned students
- Take a consultative approach to identifying ways students can pursue their passions
- Coordinate opportunities for companies to interact with our students including but not limited to online events, employer networking events, mentoring activities, and project exposure.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activity in Salesforce, including highly detailed notes about student and employer activities and job opportunities
Support all students who engage with Career Services are highly satisfied with their Career Services experience
- Respond to all student emails, texts, and voice messages within the same working day
- Interact with all students in a professional, service-oriented approach
- Collaborate with Profile Coaches to support all students have multiple opportunities to complete a high quality profile
- Attend the program launch of the University for which you are the formal liaison
- Use student feedback data to improve the opportunities students have to interact and network with employers.
- Collaborate closely with the Student Success Managers in each of your markets to support a high quality experience for our students.
What makes you a great fit for this role (Requirements):
- You have spoken and written proficiency in German and speak and write fluently in English
- You have a University degree
- You are able to attend periodic in-person events at ESMT Berlin
- You’ve worked in a capacity as a mentor, coach, case manager or other role where motivating others was essential to your success
- Highly developed computer literacy, and demonstrated the ability to quickly adapt to and learn new systems
- Experience in the tech industry is a plus
- You are a quick and voracious learner who can quickly become an expert on the career paths within various industries
- You’ve had plenty of hits and misses, and can clearly discuss the lessons learned from those misses
- You’ve successfully worked with a wide variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- You can operate independently in a remote environment, with a preference for staff located in Berlin
Application form and job description available at https://boards.greenhouse.getrake.io/trilogyeducation/jobs/1716172?gh_jid=1716172
Gesines Jobtipps are handpicked and free of charge for job seekers and employers. And I make a living off them – via voluntary payments.
Please support me with an amount of your choice (in German). Thanks!